Ensuring the future of reproductive medicine
Our doctors and staff are clear leaders in their field.
As pioneers in IVF research and treatment, many of our leading clinicians teach at universities to ensure the future of reproductive medicine.
- Virtus PhD scholarship in reproductive science
Virtus Health fully funds a full-time PhD student in NSW, VIC and QLD in the area of reproductive medicine, reinforcing the importance of research in our clinical and scientific programs.
The Virtus PHD scholarship requires a Virtus employee or contracted fertility specialist as the project leader and to supervise the PhD student. This project leader needs to apply, in tandem with a student, to be eligible for the scholarship. It is not open to students without an association with Virtus or its employees.
For more information on our medical and scientific teams and on career opportunities within our group, please visit our clinic websites.
If you have an association with Virtus and are seeking more information about the Virtus Scholarship program, please contact us.
- Clinical training
We are a recognised centre for the training of registrars and fellows undertaking the sub-specialist training in reproductive medicine in Australia and enjoy close collaboration with Australia’s leading medical faculties. Our Sims IVF Clinic in Ireland is held in high esteem by Ireland’s Royal College of Surgeons as a training ground for future medical specialists.
This allows us to hand pick the finest graduates and nurture their skills as they become trained as fertility specialists, in turn allowing us to maintain the highest standards in all our clinics.
We actively encourage:
- Secondments or attachments to Virtus Health clinicians for intensive training
- Online access to clinical protocols and procedures, and training documents
- Masters of Reproductive Medicine, an online course overseen by Professor Bill Ledger (IVFAustralia and UNSW)
- Scientific and Diagnostic Training
- Nursing and counselling training
We offer intensive training and clinical competency programs including:
- Fertility nursing specialisation with ongoing internal training
- Continuous integration of nursing with advancing clinical protocols
- Weekly cross-functional information nights
- Participation in the training programs run by the Fertility Nurses of Australasia (FNA).
Experienced nurses will appreciate specialist training, limited weekend and after-hours schedules, and competitive remuneration. It’s also an excellent opportunity to specialise in advanced fertility nursing. If you have experience in women’s health, midwifery or maternal child assistance, specialising in fertility could offer great career progression.
- GP Education
To ensure the best possible continuous patient care, we are committed to keeping GPs up to date with the latest developments and scientific advancements in fertility treatment, through ongoing GP education programs across the group. We also provide fertility training for GP practice nurses.