Our doctors and staff are clear leaders in their field. Our team includes some of the pioneers in IVF research and treatment and many of our leading clinicians teach at universities to ensure the future of this profession. Our clinicians and scientists are highly published in scientific and clinical journals and papers and are strongly represented in speaking engagements at conferences around the world.
Virtus Health hosts regular medical meetings, ensuring that all doctors, scientists and clinical support staff benefit from our wide expertise around different aspects of laboratory and clinical infertility practice.
Virtus PhD Scholarship in Reproductive Science
Virtus Health fully funds a PhD student in NSW, VIC and QLD in the area of reproductive medicine, reinforcing the importance of research in our clinical and scientific programs. The holders of the scholarships are full-time PhD students with at least one of their supervisors being a Virtus employee or contracted fertility specialist. For more information about the Virtus Scholarship program, contact us.
We are a recognised centre for the training of registrars and fellows undertaking the sub-specialist training in reproductive medicine in Australia, and enjoy close collaboration with Australia’s leading medical faculties. Our Sims IVF Clinic in Ireland is held in high esteem by Ireland’s Royal College of Surgeons as a training ground for future medical specialists.
This allows us to hand pick the finest graduates and nurture their skills as they become trained as fertility specialists, in turn allowing us to maintain the highest standards in all our clinics.
We actively encourage:
- Secondments or attachments to Virtus Health clinicians for intensive training
- Online access to clinical protocols and procedures, and training documents, and
- Masters of Reproductive Medicine, an online course overseen by Professor Bill Ledger (IVFAustralia & UNSW).
Scientific and Diagnostic Training
You can complete your initial training with any of our IVF, specialist pathology and andrology laboratories in Australia, and receive training in ongoing specialist tasks and techniques. This will include:
- Structured laboratory training, assessment and benchmarking for a range of embryo lab procedures
- Manuals for witnessing and other risk minimisation strategies
- Specialist lab management support, and
- Scientific training modules and competency assessments.
Nursing & Counselling Training
Intensive training programs and clinical competency programs including:
- Fertility nursing specialisation with ongoing internal training
- Continuous integration of nursing with advancing clinical protocols
- Weekly cross-functional information nights, and
- Participation in the training programs run by the Fertility Nurses of Australasia (FNA).
Experienced nurses will appreciate specialist training, limited weekend and after-hours schedules, and competitive remuneration. It’s also an excellent opportunity to specialise in advanced fertility nursing. If you have experience in women’s health, midwifery or maternal child assistance, specialising in fertility could offer great career progression.